PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE OPTING & ACCEPTING. THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY & WAIVER OF LEGAL RIGHTS.
1. Definitions. The person who is snowmobiling shall be referred to hereinafter as “Participant”. The “Undersigned” means only the Participant when the Participant is age 18 or older OR it means both the Participant and the Participant’s parent or legal guardian when the Participant is under the age of 18. “Released Parties” Colorado Sled Rentals LLC, and its respective successors in interest, affiliated organizations and companies, insurance carriers, agents, employees, representatives, assignees, officers, directors, members, and shareholders. The “Activity” means renting and/or using a snowmobile, and otherwise taking part in snowmobiling.
2 . Risks of Activity. The Undersigned agree and understand that taking part in the Activity can be HAZARDOUS AND INVOLVES THE RISK OF PHYSICAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH. The Undersigned acknowledge that the Activity is inherently dangerous and fully realize the dangers of participating in the Activity. The risks and dangers of the activity include, but are not limited to, equipment malfunctions and defects; collisions; speed; terrain; manmade and natural obstacles and/or obstructions; falling objects; encounters with other snowmobiles and/or other motor vehicles; becoming lost or separated; lack of shelter; storms, lightning, hail, snow and other adverse weather; avalanches; lack of training; and negligence of others. THE UNDERSIGNED
ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT THE DESCRIPTION OF THE RISKS LISTED ABOVE IS NOT COMPLETE AND THAT PARTICIPATING IN THE ACTIVITY MAY BE DANGEROUS AND MAY INCLUDE OTHER RISKS.
3 . Release, Indemnification, and Assumption of Risk . Inconsideration of the Participant being permitted to participate in the Activity, the Undersigned agree as follows: (a) Release. THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY IRREVOCABLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE, AND AGREE NOT TO SUE OR BRING ANY OTHER LEGAL ACTION AGAINST THE RELEASED PARTIES with respect to any and all claims and causes of action of any nature whether currently known or unknown, which the Undersigned, or any of them, have or which could be asserted on behalf of the Undersigned in connection with the Participant’s participation in the Activity, including, but not limited to claims of negligence, breach of warranty, and/or breach of contract. (b) Indemnification. The Undersigned hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all liability, cost, expense or damage of any kind or nature whatsoever and from any suits, claims or demands, including legal fees, attorneys fees and expenses whether or not in litigation, arising out of, or related to, Participant’s participation in the Activity. Such obligation on the part of the Undersigned shall survive the period of the Participant’s participation in the Activity. (c) Assumption of Risk. The Undersigned agree and understand that there are dangers and risks associated with the participation in the Activity and that INJURIES AND/OR DEATH may result from participating in the Activity, including, but not limited to the acts, omissions, representations, carelessness, and negligence of the Released Parties. By signing this document, the Undersigned recognize that property loss, injury and death are all possible while participating in the Activity. RECOGNIZING THE RISKS AND DANGERS, THE UNDERSIGNED UNDERSTAND THE NATURE OF THE ACTIVITY AND VOLUNTARILY CHOOSE FOR PARTICIPANT TO PARTICIPATE IN AND EXPRESSLY ASSUME ALL RISKS AND DANGERS OF THE PARTICIPATION IN THE ACTIVITY, WHETHER OR NOT DESCRIBED ABOVE, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, INHERENT, OR OTHERWISE.
4. Snowmobile Use and Damage. T he Snowmobile is rented as is and with no warranties, express or implied. The Undersigned accept full responsibility for the care of the rental snowmobile during the rental period. Undersigned agree to pay for any damage that occurs to the rental snowmobile regardless of the circumstances under which such damage may occur. Undersigned agree to pay for any lost rental income for the period of time the snowmobile is out of service due to damage for which Undersigned is responsible. Undersigned agree to pay for any costs incurred in retrieval of rented snowmobiles which are left on trail for non-mechanical reasons. Undersigned agree to pay all costs, including reasonable attorney’s fees, incurred by Released Parties to collect any sums due or to enforce any terms of this agreement. Undersigned agree to pay interest of 18% per annum on all sums owed to Released parties. The Undersigned agree that Released Parties are authorized and shall have the right to charge the Undersigned’s credit card for any sums owed.
5 . Minor Acknowledgment. In the case of a minor Participant, the Undersigned parent or legal guardian acknowledges that he/she is not only signing this Agreement on his/her behalf, but that he/she is also signing on behalf of the minor and that the minor shall be bound by all the terms of this Agreement. Additionally, by signing this Agreement as the parent or legal guardian of a minor, the parent or legal guardian understands that he/she is also waiving rights on behalf of the minor that the minor otherwise may have. The Undersigned parent or legal guardian agrees that, but for the foregoing, the minor would not be permitted to participate in the Activity. By signing this Agreement without a parent or legal guardian’s signature, Participant, under penalty of fraud, represents that he/she is at least 18 years of age. If signing as the parent or guardian of a minor Participant, signing adults represent that they are a legal parent or guardian of the minor Participant.
6. Miscellaneous. T he Undersigned further agree and understand: (a) Participant will not engage in any activities prohibited by any applicable laws, statutes, regulations and ordinances; (b) this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado, and the exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any claim arising out of this Agreement shall be the state courts located in Routt County, Colorado, and Undersigned expressly agree and consent to jurisdiction in said courts; (c) this Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto
and supersedes any and all prior contracts, arrangements, communications, or representations, whether oral or written, between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof; (d) the Undersigned understand and acknowledge that this Agreement is a contract and shall be binding to the fullest extent permitted by law. If any part of this Agreement is deemed to be unenforceable, the remaining terms shall be an enforceable contract between the parties. It is the intent of the Undersigned that this agreement shall be binding upon the assignees, subrogors, distributors, heirs, next of kin, executors and personal representatives of the Undersigned.
7. Age Certification. The Undersigned certify under the penalty of fraud, Participant is one of the following (check one of the following): Age 15 or older and possesses a valid learner’s permit. Initials Age 18 or older and possesses a valid driver’s license.
Colorado Sled Rentals LLC and Customer/Renter agree to the follows:
Customer/Renter expressly agrees and promises to accept and assume all damages to rented equipment during the duration of the rental period and any loss of future rentals due to damages incurred. Parts must be purchased at Steamboat Powersports and retail prices will be charged;
Labor/shop cost of $75/hour will be charged on repairs. CSR has 72 hours after equipment is returned to check for damages; If equipment is deemed a total loss as determined by CSR, customer/renter expressly agrees to pay CSR, immediately, the fair market value of said equipment.
- Rentals will be delivered by 9 am on the start date.
- Rentals must be returned by 5 pm on the final date of rental or provide CSR with prior
notice of extended time.
- Failure to timely return rental property will result in a fee of double the daily rental rate.
- Failure to return property may result in criminal prosecution.
- If CSR has to recover rental equipment, the customer will be charged $150/hour for
- Snowmobiles must be returned with a full fuel tank, $4.00 per gallon if not full.
- All equipment; Beacon, GPS, Helmet, BC Link (radio), Probe, Shovel, Tunnel Bag, survival bag and backpack must be returned in working condition or customer will pay to
replace. Along with any upgraded accessories or equipment.
- Inflation packs that have been discharged will have a $20 recharge fee.
- If Renter breaches this Agreement they shall be liable for all collection costs incurred in
enforcing the terms of this agreement.
- If any legal action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement is brought by
either party to this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to receive from the other party, in addition to any other relief that may be granted, their reasonable attorney’s fees, costs, and expenses incurred in the action or proceeding herefrom.
- The undersigned Lessee, hereby acknowledges all Terms and Conditions of this Agreement stated on page hereof.